This sausage stew is a quick and foolproof way to get cozy on a cold night. Using kitchen cupboard staples and a couple Capone's items, you can have dinner ready in a half hour. The sweetness of cooked onions balances out the salty Ratatouille sauce, and kale and sausage round out the dish for a robust, one-pot meal. Increase the heat by using our Chipotle Pepper sausages or go a little sweeter with our Chicken & Pancetta sausages. Either way, a glass of wine and crusty Clear Flour bread are perfect complements to this wintertime warmer.
Sausage Ratatouille Stew Recipe
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 package Capone Foods Sausage, defrosted (Chipotle or Chicken & Pancetta)
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 head kale, de-stemmed and chopped
1 container Capone Foods Ratatouille sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups beans (cannellini or garbanzo)
1. Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a Dutch oven or large pot on moderate heat. Cut the sausage casings to remove and discard. Add the sausage to the pan and brown.
2. Add the remaining oil and chopped onion. Cook until the onions are soft.
3. Add the garlic and kale and cook until kale is wilted.
4. Add Ratatouille sauce, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
5. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until the kale is soft.
6. Add beans and cook for five minutes. Mash some of the beans with a fork to thicken the stew or add more water to thin, if needed. Salt to taste.
7. Serve with grated Parmigiano and a glass or two of your favorite red wine. Enjoy!