In case you haven't noticed, we like to make things easy-- especially when it comes to food. Our handmade Italian sausages stick to simplicity with just fresh pork, salt, and pepper. We encase them in "hand-pulled" natural casings for a tender texture. However you cook them, they're delicious in this quick and hearty sandwich. Flame roasted peppers add a tang of sea salt and vinegar and the mushroom pesto provides robust portobello flavor. Slightly melted Provolone and crunchy baguette pull it all together for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Italian Sausage Sandwiches
1 package Capone Foods Italian sausage (4 sausages)
1 package Capone Foods sliced Provolone
1 container Capone Foods Flame-Roasted Peppers
1 container Capone Foods Mushroom Pesto
1 Clear Flour Bread French Baguette
1. Thaw sausage and pesto in the refrigerator prior to cooking.
2. Cook your sausages. We suggest a cast-iron skillet with an inch of water, covered, on medium heat for 15-20 minutes. (If the water evaporates, add more.) Remove sausages once they reach 165 internal temperature.
3. Cut your baguette into four pieces and slice each piece to make a sandwich roll.
4. Layer one side of each "roll" with a slice of provolone and spread mushroom pesto on the other side. Add a pepper.
5. When the sausages are cooked, place one in each sandwich, between the pepper and the provolone. Enjoy!